- Littlehampton United Church > Latest News.
Local Church News
- British churches and mosques celebrate Inter Faith Week November 24, 2020 10:43 am Littlehampton United
- Enter your project into the URC’s Community Awards 2021 November 23, 2020 4:04 pm Littlehampton United
- Faith leaders call for world-leading climate change plan November 20, 2020 10:14 am Littlehampton United
- Faith institutions launch new wave of fossil fuel divestment November 19, 2020 11:58 am Littlehampton United
- Talented 21-year-old receives a URC Lundie Memorial Award November 19, 2020 11:20 am Littlehampton United
Category Archives: Latest News.
A pilot twinning programme between 20 churches and mosques across Britain was celebrated on 9 November to mark the start of national Interfaith Week 2020. The pilot brought mosque and church leaders together for a series of online conversations between clergy and Imams, as well as lay leaders and volunteers, to foster deeper levels of friendship and understanding. Read More … … Continue reading
Applications for the United Reformed Church (URC’s) 2021 Community Awards are now open. Supported by Congregational Insurance, the awards recognise innovative community projects taking place across the denomination. To be eligible, the project must be run in the UK by members of a URC congregation or by a Local Ecumenical Project involving a URC. Entry forms can be downloaded here. Read More … … Continue reading
The Moderators of the General Assembly of the United Reformed Church (URC) have written to the Chancellor of the Exchequer in response to reports this week that the government is preparing to cut the international aid budget. Read More … … Continue reading
The General Assembly Moderators of the United Reformed Church joined more than 60 representatives in signing a letter last month which called on the UK Prime Minister to commit to bold reductions in fossil fuel emissions. Read More … … Continue reading
Two United Reformed Church (URC) Synods have joined forces with 45 faith institutions from 21 countries to announce their divestment from fossil fuels. From the UK, participating institutions included the URC’s Southern and Thames North Synods, five Catholic orders, and Anglican and Methodist churches. The full list of participating institutions is here. Read More … … Continue reading
A creative 21-year-old who has used her talents to make low-cost activities for families in her community has gained October’s Lundie Memorial Award from the United Reformed Church’s (URC) Children’s and Youth Work team. Read More … … Continue reading
It is simply not right that children can go hungry in the UK – especially during a pandemic. The Government’s announcement of a grant scheme to fund food programmes this winter is much needed and very welcome. Local churches will … Continue reading