Join Churches Together in England on 25 May 2021 for Candle of Justice: a moment of action – commemorating the first anniversary of George Floyd’s murder.
The Candle of Justice will be a moment to light a candle, pray for racial justice and commit to taking personal and institutional action to tackle racial injustice in our society and our churches.
If you would like to take part, follow these five simple steps for how you and your church can get involved in the national #CandleOfJustice campaign on 25 May:
1. At noon, pause for one minute to remember George Floyd and all those who experience racism
2. Light your candle* (or alternatively shine a light from your phone)
3. Pray using the Candle of Justice prayer
4. Pause, reflect and make a personal commitment to tackling racial injustice
5. Share on social media – upload your candle photo or share the Candle of Justice prayer graphic. Remember to use the hashtag #CandleOfJustice and tag in @ChurchesEngland
*Safety note – please take all necessary fire precautions when using a lit candle.
A range of resources are available at www.cte.org.uk/justice
Image: David Tomaseti/Unsplash
Published: 25 May 2021